Photos taken from here and edited by me.
I am going to spend my summer holiday in Brazil!! More specifically in Rio de Janeiro *.* . I was born in the south of Brazil in Porto Alegre, but I was raised in Rio de Janeiro. The way that people dress in Rio is so UNIQUE! Probably because of the weather, is basically always warm there. Other reason I think is the daily contact with the ocean. We have the beach so near us, is part of our lifestyle. Going to beach for a swim,to play volleyball, or just to have a nice walk there. Since I am going there soon, I figured it out that I needed some inspiration! Here are some characteristcs of the Rio style:
This one from here
Photo from here
This is me in Rio with Adidas.
- The cariocas (people born in Rio) love to use light fabrics! It is so warm so light materials are definetly a MUST.
- They use lot of colours! The city itself is so full of life and inspiring, colours are everywhere!
- Prints, prints prins! Cariocas are definetely not afraid of mixing all types of prints, textures, colours.
- Cariocas want to be comfortable. Is very normal to go out just using some light dress and flip-flops ( every carioca has a Havainas flip-flop, no kidding).
- Natural. Cariocas have that effordless charm, is like ” Oh I didnt even do anything to my hair, I just puted in a bum and now looks like this”. The girls use very little make up. Actually, in the summer in Rio make up is a real struggle, you sweat so much it all just melts ahahah.
I hope you got some inspiration for the summer! I know I did! Can´t wait to go shopping for summer clothes full of coloursss!! *.*
What are your inspirations for this summer?? Are you already prepared for it??